Owing to the growth of traffic on the Igatpuri Manmad route, it has been proposed to lay 3rd and 4th line between Igatpuri Manmad to meet the enhanced traffic generated by the capacity expansion of coal mines in the Chhattisgarh state. Traffic has a serious impact on line capacity calculations. This proposed line will effectively meet the objectives of relieving the main line, by offloading the anticipated freight traffic.
- Standard of construction: Group A.
- Length: 122 Km
a) Existing: 12
b) New stations: 03
- Road Over Bridges: 5
- Road Under Bridges: 49
- Gauge: 1676 mm (Broad Gauge).
- Traction: Electrified 25KV AC traction.
- Loading standard: 25 T loading.
- Speed potential: 160 kmph (Passenger) /110 kmph (Goods)
a) Important Bridge - 01
b) Major Bridges – 23
c) Minor Bridges – 190
- Cost: Manmad Igatpuri (3rd and 4th line) – Rs . 2895 Cr
- The proposed 3rd and 4th line between Igatpuri and Manmad will effectively meet the objective of creating additional capacity to meet burgeoning demand for Rail freight.
- Handle addtional train, to and from JNPT, proposed Indore-Manmad line and proposed Pune-Nashik double line.
- This electrified BG Rail line between Igatpuri and Manmad stations with suitable Rail corridor will ease out the existing double line from freight traffic movement and also would meet enhanced freight traffic projections to the proposed corridor.